Top100 Bloggers
Top 100









Terror Alert Level



Google



Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger









Friday, July 22, 2005

Go Ahead

I recently discovered "Relay Calls". What is a relay call? Yeah.. I had no idea either. I was driving home last week when my cell rang. I answered. Some guy starts to tell me it was a relay call and asked if I knew how they worked. I was like.. "uh.. no." So the dude precedes to tell me how its some call from a person on a computer and he is relaying the conversation... and when he says "Go Ahead" that means its my turn to respond.

yeah.. I had no idea what was going on. So he says "Are you ready to start the call?" I say sure. Then he says "Hey Jenny, what's up? Go Ahead" I sit there in complete silence for about 20 seconds.. cuz I have no idea what's going on. Then the guys says "When I say, Go Ahead, that means its your turn to respond." So then I say "What the hell is going on? Go Ahead"

Guy replies after a while "Is this Jenny? Go Ahead"... No its not I say... and hang up.

Easily the craziest call I've ever had.


So... 2nite I'm sitting here.. bored.. and decide to Google on Relay Calls. I find that you can do it a lot of places. AT&T, Sprint, and others offer this free over the Internet. So of course, I call my brother. Here is the printout of the conversation.

OPER: SPRINT RELAY 6234F DIALING 319-231-#### RINGING 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... (M) HELLO (EXPLAINING RELAY)

USER: Hey Brian, I have a question for you. GA

OPER: GA OK GA

USER: What is the difference between Margin and Mark-up? GA

OPER: (LAUGH) WHO IS THIS QQ GA

USER: Frank Costanza GA

OPER: (LAUGH) YOURE HILARIOUS FRANK GA

USER: Say hi to Jackson for me GA

OPER: WILL DO GA

USER: Good Night. GA

OPER: GOODNIGHT GA (PERSON HUNG UP)


I know the site says this is a service for deaf people.. but I could get used to this. Its funny shit. People on the other line have no idea what the hell is going on. AND the relay guy has to type and say everything. Good times... Good times...

Comments on "Go Ahead"

 

Blogger Steph said ... (9:18 PM, July 25, 2005) : 

wtf?! sounds like ways to use up all your cell phone minutes!!! shooooot!

 

Blogger Anita Baker said ... (4:21 PM, July 27, 2005) : 

I SO F-ING know what a relay call is because guess what? I had to deal withthem all the time whenI worked at a call center. It's seriously one of the top 20 annoying things....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM, November 09, 2006) : 

so do you have to be deaf if you want to get a copy of the conversation that has been typed or can you just be stupid like me and hear/read it a couple times before you know what is going on?

 

post a comment