Top100 Bloggers
Top 100









Terror Alert Level



Google



Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger









Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tickets!



This is the stupidest ticket I have ever gotten. I was parked in my brother's driveway for 25mins.. and I come out to this gay ticket. Evidently my back wheels were barely on the sidewalk.. good grief.

So I refused to pay. Then today I get this in the mail. Says pay $15 by August 12th.. OR ELSE!.. oh no.. whatever shall I do. $15? How will I ever come up with that!?

When I 1st told people about this back in April, my friend (same drunk one on RAGBRAI) started to hype out on me about not paying it. He was like "Dude, it will just keep doubling forever and you'll owe a million dollars!" I was like "Whatever, Lance Armstrong, why don't you just go ride your bike around the block."

One thing I did notice about the letter I received today - it says Pay by August 12th - Please mail 7-10 days prior to due date. Yeah.. that's today! Thanks for the heads up jackasses.

Comments on "Tickets!"

 

Blogger Blake said ... (12:31 AM, August 03, 2005) : 

Yeah, where are you going to come up with that kind of scratch on such short notice? Wars have been fought over $15.

Fuck'n A,

Blake

 

Blogger Anita Baker said ... (10:37 AM, August 03, 2005) : 

Damn those bastards. Anything to make quota.... (one minor thing though. I got the SAME parking ticket and didn't pay. About 3 months later I got a notcie saying that instead of the intial 30 dollars, it is now at 70 dollars and if I didn't pay right away the price would go up 30% evey 60 days, but I went to court and fought it, so yeah)

 

Blogger Lara said ... (4:13 PM, August 03, 2005) : 

The worst ticket I ever got was for parking on the street in Cali. Apparently, every first Wednesday of the month they clean the streets, and you aren't allowed to park there. Are there any signs? NOOOOO. Am I from Cali? NOOOO. Would I have any earthly idea that I couldn't park there? NO EFFING WAY.

Jerks.

 

Blogger Dorf said ... (2:16 PM, August 05, 2005) : 

Dude, my sister got like a cheap ticket in Chicago and she never paid it and after like 6 months or a year or whatever she got a letter saying she now owed like $600.. So you have been warned.
:-)

 

post a comment