Top100 Bloggers
Top 100









Terror Alert Level



Google



Get Firefox!

Powered by Blogger









Thursday, September 08, 2005

Andre!!

I was up til 12:15am last night watching the greatest tennis player ever win one of the best matches ever to advance to the semi-finals of the US Open.



Andre Agassi won in 5 sets over James Blake (up and coming US tennis star). It was an amazing match and the 35 yr old Andre pulled it out. After he dropped the first 2 sets... I thought he was done. After he was down a break in the 3rd set... I thought he was done. Even after he came back and won the 3rd and 4th set, he got down a break in the 5th set. I thought he was done... When James Blake was serving for the match in the 5th set up 5-4... I thought he was done. Even after he came all the way back and forced a tie breaker in the 5th set, he got down 3-0 in the tiebreaker... I thought he was done.

But the Greatest Tennis Player to ever live, Andre Agassi, stepped up and roared back to win! He was the oldest player since 1991 to make a US Open quarter final, he is now the 5th oldest person ever to make a US Open semi final.

We Love You Andre!

Comments on "Andre!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM, September 08, 2005) : 

Top 3 Sporting Events of All-Time:
1. 2005 Capital One Bowl - Iowa over LSU in dramatic fashion.
2. 1998 Cubs vs. Astros - Rookie Kerry Wood strikes out 20 Astros and gives up only 1 hit (should have been ruled an error by 3rd basemen Kevin Orie.)
3-tie. 2001 Iowa vs. Purdue - Banks to Clark TD pass with under 1 minute to go.
3-tie. Agassi vs. Blake 2005 US Open Quarters - I'll never do it again Andre. I had you buried. My apologies, I should have known better.

 

Blogger Wez said ... (11:29 AM, September 08, 2005) : 

I think you left out Luke Recker beating Indiana on a last second running leaning jumper from the baseline as time expired. It put Iowa into the finals of the Big Ten tournament.

 

Blogger jenbeauty said ... (12:46 PM, September 08, 2005) : 

I love Andre!!

And.....Go Buckeyes...just had to throw that in!

 

Blogger Danielle said ... (9:34 PM, September 08, 2005) : 

it was a great match!

 

Blogger Miss Me said ... (4:39 AM, September 09, 2005) : 

Haven't watched that game, I might watch if there were dutch players involved. But looks like he isn't done. Cool for him (and you I guess)

By the way I didn't bought the jeans:( I bought an other pair and I might put a pic of me on my post, not sure, I might.

 

Blogger daisyduke said ... (10:25 AM, September 11, 2005) : 

I've loved Andre since he showed up with all that long hair...viva l'over 35!

 

Blogger kathi said ... (9:14 AM, September 13, 2005) : 

This was the most awesome match. Unbelievable. I'm glad I recorded it. Agassi rocked!

 

post a comment